The White Heat Swing Orchestra is nationally acclaimed as one of the hottest swing
bands in the country today. The band was a major pioneer in the revival of swing
and lindy in the 90’s. It performed for nearly two million fans at Boston night
club, the Roxy, over four years, and was the first swing big band to receive
Boston Magazine’s “Best Dance Band” award. WHSO has backed up Tony Bennett
and Cab Calloway at the Roxy, and Norah Jones at Lincoln Center and recorded
for Warner Brothers and Walt Disney, and was profiled on CBS News Tonight.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018:
At the Cape Cod Festival at the Wequassett
Inn in Chatham at 8:30pm. Free admission; cocktails and a light menu available throughout
the evening. Reserved seating is offered to those dining at "28 Atlantic" in the Inn.
The White Heat Swing Orchestra has many credits, including:
- Boston's Best Dance Band - Boston Magazine
- Recorded the sound track to the movie Dick Tracy on the Warner Brothers label.
- Performed in concert with Cab Calloway, Tony Bennett, Lou Rawls, and Joel Grey/
If you are looking for a band for your party or function, the White Heat
Swing Orchestra offers a demo tape for your review and they have a
documentary video tape showing the television shows and special productions
at which the band has performed.
Bandleader Craig Ball
Craig Ball is music consultant and band leader offering swing and
dixieland music worldwide at flexible rates. The band arrangement can come
with one to fourteen pieces. The band(s) are available for dances, weddings,
benefits, and corporate functions.
The Craig Ball Orchestras:
Available for weddings
- The White Heat Orchestra - 10-15 piece swing orchestra for
major events requiring maximum sound
- The Back Bay Rhythm Makers - a 4-8 piece swing ensemble playing music
for smaller events.
- The Charles River Stompers - a banjo-based traditional jazz
ensemble for other special events.
The White Heat Swing Orchestra LIVE!